We have collected instructions, recommendations and contacts, which can help you in the chosen country and situation
— Who can ask for a stay? Eligibility criteria?
Any woman who is threatened and/or affected by domestic violence. You have the right to take your children with you.
The lenght os stay depend on the shelter. These information can be obtained specifically on the website of the shelter.
- Women’s shelter Spittal an der Drau / Upper Carinthia. Phone: 04762 / 613 86. E-mail: email@example.com, www.frauenhilfe-spittal.at
- Women’s shelter in Neunkirchen. Phone: 02635 / 689 71. Mobile: 0676/539 27 90. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.frauenhaus-neunkirchen.at
- Women’s shelter in Wiener Neustadt. Phone: 02622 / 880 66. E-mail: email@example.com, www.wendepunkt.or.at
- Women’s shelter Salzburg. Phone: 0662 / 870 211-60. 24-hour security and advice for women in the state of Salzburg: 0800 44 99 21. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.viele.at/schutzunterkuenfte
As of July 1, 2021, the women’s shelter in Salzburg is no longer an autonomous women’s shelter, but is managed by the Youth at Work (Jugend am Werk) and the association MANY.
- Pinzgau women’s shelter. Phone: 06582 / 743 021, women’s emergency number: 0664 / 500 68 68. Innergebirg women’s emergency number (24 hours): 0664 / 500 68 68. E-mail: email@example.com, www.frauenhaus-pinzgau.at
The Hallein Women’s Shelter was closed by the State of Salzburg on July 1, 2021.
- Association of women’s shelters in Styria. Women’s shelter Graz and women’s shelter Kapfenberg. Phone: 0316/42 99 00 (emergency call 24/7). Fax: 0316/ 42 99 00 18. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (advice) or email@example.com, www.frauenhaeuser.at
- Women’s shelter Tyrol. Phone: 0512 / 342 112 (advice 24/7) or 0512 272 303 (office). E-mail: Wohnen@frauenhaus-tirol.at (advice) or firstname.lastname@example.org (office), www.frauenhaus-tirol.at
- Women help the women of Innsbruck. Phone: 0512 / 580 977. E-mail: email@example.com, www.fhf-tirol.at
- Emergency housing Kufstein for women / Evita counseling service for women. Phone: 05372 / 636 16. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.evita-frauenberatung.at
- Social housing – women’s shelter in Vorarlberg. Phone: 05 1755 577. E-mail: email@example.com, www.ifs.at
- Women’s shelter Vienna 1st district. Emergency call: 05 / 77 22. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.frauenhaeuser-wien.at
- Women’s shelter Vienna 2nd district. Emergency call: 05 / 77 22. E-mail: email@example.com, www.frauenhaeuser-wien.at
- Women’s shelter Vienna 3rd district. Emergency call: 05 / 77 22. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.frauenhaeuser-wien.at
- Women’s shelter Vienna 4th district. Emergency call: 05 / 77 22. E-mail: email@example.com, www.frauenhaeuser-wien.at
— What documents do I need to provide?
You don’t need to bring anything with you in case of an emergency.
— Length of stay?
Temporary residence for you and your children as long as your individual situation demands the special protection of the women’s shelter.
— How to apply for emergency housing?
The shelters are accessible 24 hours. You can be admitted at any time, day or night. After a talk on the telephone you get the address of the shelter. For security reasons the addresses of the women’s shelters are not publicized and remain secret.
Contacts, depending on your region, can be found here: https://www.aoef.at/index.php/frauenhaeuser
— List of local (N)GOs
Women’s shelters. Safe and guarded accomodation and counseling for women affected by violence and their children, www.aoef.at, www.frauenhaeuser-zoef.at/en_uber.htm Phone 0800 222 555.
— List of the key and the most trusted organisations in the country which help migrants and refugees
Did our instructions help?
When compiling the instructions, we relied on the help of volunteers and lawyers from different countries. If something went wrong – the organization didn’t respond to you, you found a bug or the instructions weren’t precise enough – tell us about it. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org